Saturday, October 3, 2009

finally, i made time to write...

I'm obviously really bad at updating this. I've tried talk to my family & friends on the phone, but here is an over all update for everyone:
  • I am having a lot fun & it's been a great experience so far!
  • Florida is hot, but it's really not too bad since I'm used to Ga weather.
  • The other day it was 80 degrees & that was "cold"...we had kids swimming in the kiddie area that were shivering! I don't know how people swim in the winter!
  • Typhoon Lagoon closes Nov 1-Jan 9 so I will be going to work somewhere else, not sure where yet but I should find out soon!
  • Kari & I got to meet Snow White & all seven dwarfs!
  • I work 9-5:30 every day that I work. When I get to work, we do opening jobs til 9:45. Opening jobs are usually sweeping sand out of the foot baths, picking trash, or re-stacking the chairs. The park opens at 10 & we work on a rotation until 5 when the park closes. Each stand is about 30 mins and we get a break every 4 stands. It took a little while for me to get the hang of the rotations, but now it's pretty simple!
  • Lifeguarding is stressful, but I'm getting used to it. I've jumped in 6 times total, but 3 of those were with my trainer.
  • I love the moments that make my day. Like the little boy that swam past me in the lazy river with an extra double tube & said "It's ok, I'm just pushing along my invisible friends Freddy & Henry" Or the little girl that I called sweetie & she said "My name's not Sweetie, It's [I don't remember what she said it was], and I am 3 years old" but she held up 4 fingers.
  • I do not like the moments that make my day a little more difficult. Like the days I get really stressed about getting audited(our lifeguard tests) or the day that the people flew past me on a 4 lane road & threw coke on my car b/c i was lost & going slow.
  • I am learning a lot here through every good & bad day. Every day is not going to be perfect & I just have to learn from it & move on!
  • I am getting along with all of our roommates! I don't see all of them that much though because we all work different hours, but when we do get time to hang out, we have fun!
  • I'm having a hard time saving money. We get into the parks for free which is great, but then I end up spending money at the parks! I'm working on it though...
  • I am trying to get involved with a Bible Study/College Ministry because I really miss that & think that I would benefit a lot from it.
  • Rob & Craig came to visit us at the beginning of September & we had a lot of fun together! I worked almost everyday & Kari worked most of the nights so we had to work around that, but it was great getting to spend time with them!
  • They came with the Matelings & that's always fun with Marcia & Randy around :)
  • I miss everyone back home & I miss Georgia, but I am definitely enjoying myself here!
  • Some of my family is coming down during the week of Thanksgiving & I absolutely cannot wait!
  • A lot of other friends & family say that they're planning a trip so I hope that it all works out...visitors are so fun!
I guess that is all for now. I hope to update more frequently, I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment